Sunday, November 29, 2009

sono-hysto-OUCH!

This post was originally written on Wednesday, November 25, 2009.
-----

This morning I headed out to W. for my 7:30 “sono”. I didn’t know what I was in for, just that I hoped that I was taken in on time so I could get to work on time. I had to pay $50 for this procedure, and it wasn’t until I looked at the receipt that I began to get nervous…I didn’t know that I had signed myself up for the sonohystogram….and I guess it’s a good thing b/c I would have made myself really nervous about it.

I arrived at the office at 7:20…and I sat, and sat, and sat…I watched the clock…and I listened as the receptionist called the M. office to let them know that they didn’t have….MY FILE???? …and that they couldn’t register me without it….tick tick tick….the time was getting closer to 8am.

Finally a fax came in and the nurse took me into the ultrasound room. I had to do the usual strip from the waist down and sit on the bed. The nurse came back and did the internal, which hurt, before the doctor came in to do the “sono” on me.

The shg consists of inserting a catheter around my cervix and then shooting a saline solution into my uterus and watching it with the trans-vag wand….in other words….OUCH! The doctor had to try three times before he could even get the catheter into the correct place…then I had very intense cramping as they shot the saline into my uterus. Luckily, everything checks out as normal. So it’s just my PCOS that I need to worry about.

Tomorrow is my last day of Clomid…I go back to M. Sunday morning for another U/S and to talk to the doctor. Now it’s time to get serious about where to go from here. I don’t want to start paying to look at donor profiles until I’m ready to order…and, one of the banks is closed for the two week x-mas break…so I better get what I need before then if it’s a time that I might be TTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment