Tuesday, June 5, 2012

White Poo - not mine!!!

Hi, I'm posting this as a blog to try to get some advice from those of you out there who read my blog.  Scarlett has been having light coloured poos lately.  I didn't think anything of it.  The past few days she hasn't eaten properly - I thought it was either her new found independence "myself, myself" or her molars starting to push through.  But today at daycare she had diarrhea and it was white.  I looked online and it said it could be viral or it could be a liver problem.

I'm going to try to get her in to see the pediatrician tomorrow - my parents will try to take her during the day.  Should I take a stool sample?  She has the ENT on Thursday.  Just something to worry about during my supposed "worry free 2ww".

5 comments:

  1. It sounds viral/post-viral tummy issues to me. I would call and check with an ER tonight just for peace of mind and do the BRAT diet and/or electrolytes for a little bit. I would call and check to make sure though. Hope it goes away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely keep the poopy diapers to the Dr...both Drs I saw about Elena's purple-crayon-poo commended me for bringing them as it helps them determine what's up...I kept them in ziploc bags. Hope it's nothing serious, keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son had white poo and I freaked out. (Whatever you do don't google it.) There ended up being a really simple explanation. So simple that right now I can't remember it. I'm sure this is just one of those weird toddler things but yes, best to let the pediatrican know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope she's ok, and this is one of those weird stories you can laugh about with her later!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does Scarlett drink alot of milk? I worked in a licensed home daycare for years, and once had a toddler that drank way too much than the recommended amount. It made her poop almost white. I also had the experience with my own children that sometimes their poop turned whitish pasty during/after a bad stomach virus

    ReplyDelete