This morning was awful! It was awful for me and SR. Why didn't I marry rich? LOL, b/c that would involve being married! And I love my job...but I love my daughter more.
I pulled SR from daycare for the summer - incidentally I had to still pay $2200 for the whole summer...brutal, right? Especially when I now know of other centres who either let you pull for free and save your spot or have a minimal fee (think $2000 less than what I paid). But I do love the centre (but now the supervisor is being transferred as of Friday).
Today we started the transition back to daycare - into a new classroom with new teachers, but familiar friends and faces. She was okay at first. I was in the room and she was exploring. I even said goodbye and did a kiss and walked away. That was okay. But then I went to the other side of the gate - SR started screaming and crying "mommy, mommy!!!" I had them bring her to me for another kiss and hug. The supervisor took her from me and I stood outside the room invisible to SR. She was hysterical. I do not let her cry - I never have. She knows that I come when she wants me. The supervisor came back out of the room within a few minutes and SR was quiet. She said she was fine.
I had made breakfast plans with the girls from work. The supervisor called me while I was at breakfast to tell me that SR was fine and had gone outside to play with the other kids. After I was done breakfast, I called the centre - the supervisor told me that she would check in the room to see if SR was okay to stay for lunch or if I should come back for her. She told me to come back in 20 minutes. Well apparently, SR understood that the supervisor was on the phone with me and then screamed and cried hysterically for those 20 minutes. She couldn't calm down when I arrived. Poor thing...made me cry all over again.
I was talking to the supervisor briefly and then we went to leave. SR went to the door to leave and started to insist "open door, away, out out out."...we got into the car and took the quick drive home. When I got around to open her door for her I was greeted with this:
"I miss you. I love you."
Please don't make me go back to work. Please don't make me drop her off again tomorrow.
That sounds awful! Poor Scarlett & poor you! Hopefully it will get better & Scarlett will readjust, for your sake & for hers.
ReplyDeletePoor kiddo! She will get used to it again, it will just take some time. Isaac started daycare yesterday too, and it broke my heart (he was totally oblivious and could've cared less)!
ReplyDeleteAww that is rough. I know she will be fine but the transition is so tough. I am about to do this on Monday but I think mine should be easier since he will be with my parents. I think it will be worse for me. SR will soon love it and you will have great times together when home!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds awful! But I'm willing to bet it was/is/will be harder on you than her. BIg hugs to you both.
ReplyDeleteWow--that is a lot to pay to hold your spot over the summer. BUT I know that we moms do (and pay) what we have to, when it means having just the right setting for our children while we work.
ReplyDeletePersonally, I find the second and third weeks much harder after returning back to work. The first week is filled with so much that I can't really process the loss of summertime with my children. But it always hits me sooner or later :(
Hope all went well at the ENT.
Oh that sounds really awful. Hope it is getting better.
ReplyDelete