In other news, SR and I had a fun weekend. On Saturday we had our first Monkeynastix class. I was so proud of my baby. She followed all of the instructions from the teacher without my help. She went to the circle and found her "spot." She could raise and lower her arms, touch all of her body parts when asked. She listened and watched for how the teacher used the sticks that were handed out. And when they were finished she gave them back to the teacher by walking over to her. The activities outside of the circle were focussed on balance. SR is not very daring. She has only once climbed on a couch (at my grandmother's) and has never tried again since. She is just cautious, I guess. So, she was hesitant about walking on the balance beam while holding my hands. She did try to balance and walk across a foam piece on the floor. But she loved crawling through the tunnel.This morning, I joined another choice mom and her son (other people were supposed to come but backed out due to weather or other situations) at a nearby farm. Scarlett had a blast. We bundled up a lot - long sleeve t-shirts (onesie in her case), hoodies, and warm jackets and hats. But we were certainly dressed for the weather. We also got to know a lovely choice family.
SR found out that she LOVES pumpkins. I think she would have stayed at the pumpkins for the entire visit.

The wagon ride was definitely a highlight. SR loved the hay and looking at all her surroundings. She laughed when she toppled backwards into the soft hay.
To end our day, I bought SR a tiny pumpkin. We won't be doing any carving this year - we live in a condo and won't be trick or treating. Plus, it goes past her bedtime. But we will be dressing up to go to Bruce's Mill for a Saturday afternoon trick-or-treating.
Final news, my parents left today for Israel for three weeks. I'm hoping SR is healthy as I don't have a back-up plan for child care.


I just love this time of year for all the Fairs & what not! Elena & I are going to one fair or farm or another for the next 4 weekends!
ReplyDeleteGlad Scarlett's Monkeynastix went well & she enjoyed it!
I love the pictures. Fall is such a great time of year!
ReplyDeleteThe joy on her face! I love it! She's just beautiful.
ReplyDeleteAnd I can't believe how bundled up she is - it's just a little chilly here right now. In fact, Finn and I wore shorts yesterday!
Seeing those pictures makes me motivated to get out to a farm soon, too.
These are sweet photos! We could use a little of SR's cautiousness around here, Carys is a daredevil and it's nerve wracking. Hope your cycle starts to straighten out - good luck!
ReplyDeleteThat class sounds great! And what lovely pictures from your weekend! Glad you both enjoyed it :-)
ReplyDeleteWish you would have joined your parents on their trip so I would be able to personally meet you, lol.