I missed writing about my March Break - J's nap ended last week before I even got the chance to open blogger.
March Break - my one week off that was completely for me. J went to daycare and SR had school - her break starts this Thursday for Passover. March Break started with some weekend playdates. Monday was to be my one day with SR. I sent her to school until 11am. Picked her up, and took her to Dairy Queen's Free Ice Cream Day. From there we headed to the eye doctor for her check up - her peripheral vision is fine, she's just naturally clumsy! Sigh, I think she gets it from me. The eye doctor and the dentist are both in the shopping mall. So we went down to the food court and got Subway - I rarely take SR out to eat and she was THRILLED to go to Subway and she enjoyed her Tuna Sub so much!!!! I let her order my coffee at Tim Horton's and they gave her a free Tim Bit - she doesn't like chewy foods, so I got to enjoy that too :) We went to the dentist after walking around the shopping mall for a bit. We just had a really great day together!
Tuesday, I ended up taking J to the pediatrician to check his asthma, but after dropping him off at daycare, I enjoyed my day going to Walmart and Winners. All of the things I never get to do for myself.
Wednesday, I had lunch with some teachers - LUNCH...I got to go out for lunch!!!
Thursday, I spent the whole day with a close friend who took the day off of work. We went to her gym to start the day (I got a trial pass), shopping at a toy warehouse, lunch together, more shopping.
Friday, I went back to the gym, because the pass was still valid (I miss going to gym classes regularly), grocery shopping, met my dad to buy new running shoes, and then out for lunch with my best friend from high school - we hadn't seen each other in 20 years. It turns out we went to the same teacher's college at the same time and work for the same school board, but somehow he and I lost touch over the years. Hopefully we will continue to maintain this friendship.
So it was a fabulous week for me. I was spending time with the kids - I got to take SR right to school and pick her up at school rather than sending her to the before and after care program. But I really needed the me-time so much!!! I went back to work feeling refreshed (not to be confused with well-rested, which I wasn't).
This weekend is turning into a fun weekend as well. J started his "Monkeynastix" program that SR took 4 times. But SR's program doesn't start for two weeks, so she came along and got to participate with us. In the pm, we had a playdate at a friend of SR's from school. J played with the little girl and SR had a great time with her friend. We stayed for dinner and I got to socialize :)
This morning we were invited out with some "Jewish Choice Moms" to an indoor playground that we haven't been to before. They mostly know each other well, and I'm busy chasing two kids around. Nice to be invited, but they did leave without saying goodbye....not sure if I should take that personally. In any case, my kids had a great time at this new playground. Then our good friend (who I spent the day with last Thursday) invited me to drop SR off for lunch while J napped in the car - which is where I am now, in my parents' driveway. J just woke up and although I just drove us around the block, he's awake, so I'm going to take him into my parents' house for lunch before we rejoin our playdate.
Glad you had such a well deserved March Break. Good for you for making me time. Hopefully the "well-rested" will come in time!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fabulous March break!! It is nice to get that kind of me time every now and then!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a lovely March break you had!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful week. So happy you got to spend it just the way you wanted. You certainly earned those days!
ReplyDeletePS. We went to Dairy Queen for free ice cream day too!