Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Lining Thickens...

Last night I thought really thick thoughts. Guess I was thinking so hard that I woke up super early (5:45am) and couldn't fall back to sleep. I knew I wouldn't be getting to the gym today or tomorrow (and hopefully not for two weeks after my transfer), so I got dressed and went downstairs to the treadmill. I needed that workout. It just left me feeling totally relaxed as I prepared for either the best or worst case scenerios. The best being my lining thickened enough to proceed. The worst being that my lining and estrogen levels refuse to climb.

I left the house exactly 30 minutes before my appointment, b/c that's how long it takes to get to the main office that I have to go to on the weekends. Wouldn't you know it, my car was completely out of gas and I had forgotten to stop yesterday after work as I had originally planned. As relaxed as I was before leaving the house, I got a little huffy zipping to the gas station and trying to get back to the highway.

I'm just dragging out the inevitable here...wanting to share but waiting until the last possible moment. Okay, okay, I'll share. I was lying on the table, and the tech had the screen angled toward me...this is not an every day occurance. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the screen read 8.4mm....I JUMPED AN ENTIRE MM IN THE LAST FEW DAYS!!! I felt like the old scientist in The Neverending Story who jumped up and screamed "He made it, he made it!" when Atryu made it through the first gate on his way to the Southern Oracle (is this anyone else's favourite movie, too?). My lining made it!!!

My next step was to talk to the RE. He was thrilled and told me that I would probably be transferring on Thursday, but they had to wait for my blood test results. He then sent me to speak with MY NURSE. I was so glad b/c the nurses on Saturday at the main clinic are always different. And my nurse from my main clinic was working today. She was thrilled. She told me that her and the doctor were actually quite worried that my lining wasn't going to make it. I got the new scripts from her and was told to wait for her phone call with instructions.

So, starting tomorrow, I'm back on the Prometrium, which means fasting for 3 hours each time I take a pill. Last time I took this I was losing weight but getting bloated and I was starving all the time. It was so hard taking this med and working full time when I'm used to eating all the time. And, if the pregnancy takes, I'll have to take this for the next ten weeks!!! TEN WEEKS? But I'll take it happily if this works! Just don't remind me that I said I'll take it happily when I start groaning. I'll know that I said this...I'll just need my time to vent!!! So today, I'm really living it up. I'm just eating for the sake of eating....knowing that starting tomorrow I'll be starving! Although, the prometrium is really good for my snacking habits...helps to know that I can't just snack for the sake of snacking!

I'll also be starting the suppositories. Hmmmm, if I'm taking the suppositories 3 times a day, when will I take my vaginal estrogen? I don't need to worry about that just now.

I might write again this week to let you know how the suppositories and prometrium is going. Otherwise, I'll definitely write on Thursday after my transfer. I'm worried about the discomfort of the full bladder during the procedure...I'll make like Scarlett O'Hara and think of it another time :)

4 comments: