Sunday, July 4, 2010

It's been a while since I last posted

Life got ahead of me over the last little while...finishing report cards and moving classrooms and just winding down from another school year.

In the meantime, I've been counting down until my 12 week u/s. I am officially 12 weeks today!!! My u/s is in 2 days. On one of my message boards, someone posted about a missed miscarriage...and that totally freaked me out. Apparently, she had a 7.5week u/s and the baby was fine, and then at 12 weeks, there was no more baby. That's a scary thought. The reassurance for me was that I also had a 9 week u/s and everything was fine. I didn't want to ask the woman online if her symptoms were still there or if they were starting to subside....I know that she's grieving her loss...and I started reading online about these missed miscarriages...big mistake!

My mom told me to stop reading online...everything with me is fine...and I'm really hopeful...I have so many symptoms of pregnancy, and I get more by the day....but it's hard not to worry in between u/s.

It's funny, b/c I thought I would be so cool with being pregnant...I would keep up with my daily workouts (running, step class, weights)...but I haven't worked out at all - that's what bleeding in early pregnancy will do for you...only now have I started walking and light weight training again...very light weight training.

I am meeting with my OB for the first time tomorrow, 12 wk 1 d, and my mom is so nervous...she doesn't want him to jeopardize anything for my u/s the next day...she's insisting that I not have any sort of examination..."tell the doctor that you just wanted to meet him and have a base-line (weight and blood pressure and stuff) and you'll send him the results of your u/s." We'll see what I decide to do...in the meantime, i was kind of hoping he would be able to hear a heartbeat or give me some reassurance that everything was fine, even though I know everything is fine.

This has been a huge secret for me...it's been really hard having no one know what's happening. I saw the movie SPLICE on Friday night....loved it...and luckily I didn't have nightmares about what my baby is going to look like when he/she arrives...for those of you who don't know, Splice is about scientists who mix human DNA with animal to create a new being. Fantastic Sci-Fi/horror....but not so great for pending parents.

I was playing cards with the girls this weekend...and they were smoking cigars...and I was getting really freaked out about the smoke - telling them to keep it away from me....but neither of them would think to wonder why all of a sudden I care so much....this has been an incredibly hard secret to keep...and hopefully, if all goes well on Tuesday, I'll finally be ready to share it...with each friend, one at a time, face to face....it's going to be a long summer of sharing!!! Hopefully the reactions will be shock followed by excited!

Now I just need these allergies to clear up once and for all!

3 comments:

  1. 12 weeks--congratulations!! I can only imagine how excited you are to let everyone know. And I'm sure your friends will remember the cigar incident and go "Oh!! That makes sense now!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12 weeks, Yeah!!

    Telling your friends is going to be so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 12 weeks? Gosh that went fast- I know it probably didn't seem like it for you! It is pretty normal for the OB to do a pap- exam at 12 week and it is harmless, I wouldn't worry and they do usually listen for an external HB at this time as well. I bought an external monitor on Ebay so I could listen at home because I was so crazy but I saw that you could buy at them at Wal-Mart now so I must not be too crazy! I waited until I hit my second trimester to tell everyone except immediate family- it was hard not sharing but so much fun when it was finally time. I can relate to getting too much info online you will read exciting things and scary things... trust me!! All I can say is when you read the scary things close the window and find something happy to do!! Good luck can't wait to hear how the OB and U/S appointment goes!

    ReplyDelete