Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I'M STILL AROUND!!!

So so so nice (and ego boosting) of some of you to wonder where I am...I have been so busy this summer telling (and shocking) friends and buying things - new car with 4 doors (getting it tomorrow), dining room table, blinds - but I've thought of writing a lot!

My pregnancy is going really well - except for all of those aches in my abdomen...I now know that the sharp pains are round ligament pains - and boy do they hurt! But then I freak out about the pressure in my low abdomen or other aches. I must really be stretching!

My 16 week OB appointment is in 2 days, and tomorrow I go for the final part of the IPS test.

I started back at the gym -light weights for 30 minutes of the 60 minute classes - and I've been walking.

And thank goodness I have a friend with a doppler who has helped me get through these 4 weeks sanely. So much for breezing through this pregnancy!

My emotions have been crazy too. Today I witnessed a horrible accident. A dump truck plowed over a woman in a car stopped at a stop sign. I pulled over and started to shake and cry. My poor mom - I called her and immediately broke down and she thought I was hurt. If I had more control I would have told her right away that I was okay but that I saw a bad accident - instead I was hysterical. She told me it took her 2 hours to calm down after I called like that.

Anyway, I've had wonderful reactions from friends - everyone dealing with it in different ways but all very supportive (except one non-reaction which was so weird - "oh"). And my friend who I told first, finally got her first positive pregnancy test after 3 years...so, hopefully her betas will double :)

So glad to be back to blogging...I can't believe I was away for this long. Now I have to catch up on all of your lives.

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry that there was a terrible accident - I hope no one was seriously hurt and it just looked terrible.

    On another note - it is good that you are feeling better and your friends are supportive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very glad to hear from you & glad things are going really well & that you're enjoying your summer!! 16 weeks already, wow!

    How traumatic to witness such a horrible accident! Take care of yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great to hear from you! How exciting about your move and I LOVE that you put your order in immediately after signing the paperwork for your mortgage! PERFECT!!! Your first (and my wishes for you - ONLY) try will be coming up so quickly!!! Can't wait to hear more... Happy Housewarming!!

    ReplyDelete