Dear JM,
I can't believe how quickly your first month flew by! When you were born, I couldn't believe how big and pink you looked. It wasn't long before you were in my arms and we quickly found our favourite position together, snuggled with your head under my chin and your body pressed to mine. Still one month later, that is both of our favourite ways to sleep - when you are older I will show you the Friends episode where Ross and Joey nap together. I have never slept better than when you are snuggled into me - and usually it's only a brief doze here and there but I wake up feeling so rested.
You have really been easy going....until now. It must be hard to have to compete for your dinner with a toilet training toddler. You wait so patiently for your milkie at bedtime, get settled into your latch, and then get torn away and placed into a pack 'n' play because your big sister is calling "mommy, I need you" and has to make a pee or a poo for the 3rd time since you latched on originally. For the most part, you sit back and relax for those few minutes we've been separated until I'm able to get back to you. But, lately, you've discovered that you can yell and cry and maybe you'll get to have your milkie again. Is this a vision of what is to come - you and big sister competing? It's going to be fun.
Speaking of milk, you love to eat. At one month, you already weigh 11 lbs 6 oz. Two weeks before you weighed 8 lbs 13 oz. And yes, you now have a double chin - very kissable!
Although your sister steals your time away from your milk - b/c really, that's all you seem to care about right now anyway - you really seem to know who she is and that you are connected. Often she speaks or sings to you while you are crying, and you stop immediately. And your sister adores you already - although she doesn't love that you are taking her special time away from mommy during bedtime routine. She touches you and kisses you and without prompting says, "I love you JoJo Bear." She wants to help you get dressed and change your diaper and at nights, she will often ask if I can put you into her bed with her.
I feel that you are very advanced for your age. You started out so alert when you are awake. Your big sister didn't open her eyes regularly for a month- but there you are, taking the world in. You seem to enjoy tummy time already but only for five minute intervals. You just chill out and look around. And while you are on your tummy, you hold your head up - at ONE MONTH! You are very skilled to be able to do that already.
You have a deliciously cute smile - I'm pretty sure it's not just gas anymore, but even if it is, it's adorable. And like your sister, you have dimples which I love!
I have to apologize to you - From one week of age and still ongoing, I gave you the worst diaper rash. It's actually a diaper burn. The summer fruits that I was consuming in mass quantities was not so kind to you - the acid from the fruits coming through my milk was burning you on the way out. You were so raw you were bleeding just from a light touch. And it took 4 weeks to heal and even still there is still some burn and only a thin layering of skin over the burn. I'm so sorry - I eliminated the fruits as soon as I found out it was from me. And I'm not even drinking my iced tea.
The best thing so far is that you know what to do at night. You sleep. Yes, you wake up to feed every 2 to 3 hours. And yes there was that 18 hour feeding frenzy before a growth spurt. But for the most part, you feed and go right back to sleep. Thank you!!!!
Dear J-Bear, mommy and big sister SR love you so much. I can't wait to watch you and SR grow together and foster a relationship with each other.
Here is your one month photo album:
I love you JoJo Bear.
Love mommy!

Wow, you , your mom, and SR all have the same smile! Glad to hear JM is an easy going baby, probably makes the transition to two a little bit easier.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing! Glad things are going well! The pictures of SR with JM are priceless!
ReplyDeleteSweet!
ReplyDeleteSo happy things are going well--JM sounds like a wonderful baby and the perfect addition to your family! YAY Everyone!
ReplyDeleteHappy 1 month, JM! So glad it's going well - I imagine this is an even harder transition than bringing home SR was.
ReplyDeleteOMG he is sooo cute! It's fun to see pics of your parents - I think SR looks so much like your dad! Glad to hear his diaper rash is almost better. Poor little bum!
ReplyDelete