Your mommy has no time to blog...or do much of anything these days...but I'm putting everything on hold to write you this letter :)
I can't believe you are already 5 months.
This month has been amazing. You are sooooo affectionate. Now you give me kisses, right on my mouth. You open your mouth and slobber all over me.
After you turned 4 months we had your check up, and you weighed in at 20 lbs. You are now at 21 lbs and you are tall too - obviously not taking after your 4'11 3/4" mommy. Already wearing mostly 12-24 month clothes depending on the style.
It's more difficult to feed you these days - difficult for me because you keep checking on me and you stop eating if I am doing anything. You reach to hold my hand or my hair and you quickly pull off of me if I am talking on the phone or watching TV or holding a bowl of cereal above your head...okay that one would make me nervous too. :)
You have the most adorable giggle. You are so ticklish, especially when I take your shirt off and I touch your arms.
You have found your voice and you often wake me (because you are still in my room - your sister didn't like having a roommate but you can barely fit in the bassinet) singing in the middle of the night. You cry to come into my bed around 4am, and once you are there you raise your right hand to hold my hand and then you fall asleep. I never co-slept with your sister and I'm worried this may become a bad habit....but it's sweet and she doesn't want you in her room. :)
I still feel that I don't give you enough attention during the day even though we are together all the time. But now that you are more interactive I try to read to you every day and really spend time playing with you.
You are a very easy going little boy. Which is why I was so surprised that for two days you cried and cried and we didn't get any sleep. At first I thought it was because you had the fever and virus your sister gave you. But the fever went away and you were still so miserable. It was confirmed that you had a double ear infection...ALREADY!!! Your sister's didn't start until she went to daycare...I guess she's bringing everything home to you.
Your sister just adores you ...except she doesn't want to share her room with you :) She's always touching you and smiling at you. The other morning on our walk down to the car, SR was holding onto the stroller and you two were gazing at each other and both of you were giggling. Like you are in on some secret together that I don't know about...and you're only 5 months. Here's the picture of that morning walk:
And tonight, you were crying because it was past your bedtime and we were finishing up with SR's bedtime. And somehow SR got you to calm right down:
Today, as you enter your sixth month, you found your feet! Adorable! I wonder what you'll get up to this month.
I love you so much, J-Bear.
Love, Mommy






What a sweet little boy and a wonderful big sister--great pics!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! Love the update!
ReplyDeleteI love these posts! These photos are precious!
ReplyDeletelove reading your posts and it was great seeing you guys a couple of weeks ago. I can't believe how big he is!! I love the photo in the middle of the post of him smiling. too cute!
ReplyDelete