Another cell phone blog. This time sitting in my bed next to J-bear who I just got back to sleep without nursing. It will be our last night together in my bed as the crib is being moved out of SRs room into my room tomorrow. J-Bear can't be trusted even with bed rails. He spins himself around now. He didn't eat all day and I'm surprised he went down so easily now without nursing. But he keeps rolling from his side onto his tummy and forgetting he can go back the other way.
So today SR got accepted into the private school I was wait listed for. I'm very excited. I am a public school teacher and believe in public education. But the new kindergarten program in Ontario I do not believe in. 30+ JK and SK students in a play based unstructured program. My little feisty SR will be the very youngest in her class at 3 1/2 with kids turning 6 also in the room. But after coming off a year of mat leave and having to pay full time daycare ($15K/year) for J-Bear, I can't afford private school for SR and before and after school care. In may I can apply for subsidy and I should qualify. Her new school will have 25 JK only with 3 teachers. The school only has one JK, one SK, one grade 1 and one grade 2 as its a new school. A small community. And up the street from where my school is. Plus the before/after care includes swimming on Tuesdays. And it's cheaper than public school before and after care. Fingers crossed I get subsidy!!!
Also I've fought a good fight with my extended warranty people over the lemon of a washing machine I have. Finally I am getting a new one on Friday.
Had a second showing today and they are I retested in buying my place but no offer yet. My agent has my listing only until Sunday. He just asked if I would extend with him until the end of February. He hasn't done anything. How do I politely say no?
SR is delicious. Just so articulate and sweet and willful. I love everything about her emerging personality.
J-Bear is equally delicious. But why won't he eat?!?
Tomorrow I go with SR class skating again.
Phone battery is dying.
I'm so glad she got into the private school - fingers crossed you get a subsidy.
ReplyDeleteI hope J-Bear decides to start eating soon!
On "politely saying no" - how about saying that you just have too much at stake with your place selling, maternity leave winding down, etc and you feel you need a fresh approach? It is business, after all, and you have to feel that he is working hard for you!
ReplyDeleteI love that...but just tonight an offer came in and my agent asked me to give him a few more days to make sure he can get the deal done. So I will give him an extra few days. Then if the sale falls through I'll use your words :)
DeleteBefore becoming a mom, did you ever think choosing your child's school would take so much time, effort and worry? I didn't. I thought it would be simple--just send them down the street with the other kids. Hah! The private school's structure sounds ideal--I LOVE small schools where everyone knows every child's name. I really hope you get the subsidy!
ReplyDeleteYeah for SR's acceptance into private school!! I am so far behind in blog reading so I hope by now you've got a firm offer on your place & now worry about packing instead of selling!
ReplyDelete