Friday, November 23, 2012

Been wanting to post all week...

...But I just can't seem to get myself to turn on the computer and sit down to type.  This has been a busy week, ending with parent-teacher interviews Thursday night and Friday until noon.  Now I'm just so much closer to the Christmas Holidays and having a real break with SR.  We had such a wonderful weekend last weekend, and I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to sit down to write about it.  In any case, I'm exhausted once again and really just want to sit down and relax for a bit but I wanted to share about my pregnancy.

First of all, Wednesday I had another beta test - if you recall I'm testing every Wednesday until ten weeks.  However, my clinic does not record beta results higher than 10000 which I obviously am.  It was very foggy out and I decided not to drive out to the W. location just to check in with my doctor as I knew I was going to see him today anyways.  It was a good decision b/c the nurse at the R. location told me he was actually out of town.  I would have been upset had I driven all the way to W. in the fog only to find out he wasn't there and I could have gone closer to work.

When the nurse called me, I was letting the students in from recess duty.  I told her that I know that the beta won't be higher than 10000, and she said, "well, you're just over 5000."  I said, "I think that needs to be rechecked.  I was almost at 9000 last week and I am definitely pregnant this time around."  Believe me, I am bursting out of my pants already and hope I can disguise this in the four weeks to come before holidays b/c I'm not revealing it at work or to my friends until after the holidays.  She then looked again and said, "Oh I'm sorry, that was your estrogen level.  You're right, the Beta shows 10000."  COME ON!!!  I MISCARRIED LAST TIME AROUND.  This is just ridiculous!!!  She was very apologetic, and today continued to apologize and explained her error.  She is always training nurses (as I've vented about before when she has been away and there is just a training nurse in her position), and the training nurse recorded my results in the opposite order that the nurse does it.  It's an honest mistake, but one that could cause someone to be very stressed or upset very quickly.

So, today was my 7 week u/s.  There was a baby and a heartbeat of 159.  I'm thrilled.  My mom came with and they let her in for the entire u/s, which is not usually the case.  I will go again two weeks today to have a 9 week u/s.  I have also made a doctor's appointment for next Sunday to see my GP so he can put in the referral to my OB for week 12.  I haven't seen my GP since March so he doesn't know that I've m/c or anything...in fact, he may not even know me :)

Otherwise, SR is turning 23 months next week!  She continues to astound me with her knowledge of the English language.  People are always surprised when I say she isn't even 2 yet.  We were at the pediatrician today (as we visit him every week or two) and I had SR tell him that she'll see him for her birthday check-up.  He asked, "how old is SR turning?"  When I reminded him she'll be 2, he made a comment about how wonderful her vocabulary and sentence structure is.  I'm surprised he didn't recognize how old she is...he doesn't need to check her charts to see that she is MUCH smaller than a 3 year old, and bigger than a one year old.  In any case, it's always nice to hear compliments.

But, this week, I was on the receiving end of feedback of my child - I'm always the one giving parents the feedback.  SR IS PUSHING OTHER KIDS!  I'm not sure why.  We did role playing and talking about "no pushing."  She knows to say "sorry" when she pushes and to make nice, but there seems to be one girl she WANTS to push around.  I'm not sure why.  So she'll say, "no pushing....push N."  Hopefully it's just a toddler stage.  But I've never seen her push at programs or on playdates.  I just want to make sure, as she grows up, that she does not become a "mean girl."  LOL, she's not even two!  What am I in for with her???

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like the baby is growing really well (I'm sensing a boy this time)! How are you feeling? As for the pushing, I'm sure it is a stage....could be worse, she could be in a biting phase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad all is going great with your pregnancy, thanks for the update! Don't worry about SR pushing, it's totally normal for toddlers to go in and out of these stages. Fiona had a period of time where she was biting at daycare. Not often, she probably did it 4 or 5 times. It's easy to think of them as older than they really are when they are advanced in talking - I always had to check myself (still do), reminding myself that she's still little and to not expect her to act older than she is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Ali, I was going to say boy too! Glad all is going well! Except for the pushing but I'm sure it's a phase ...any chance that there's a behavior of N's that's provoking SR?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for a good ultrasound. WTF with the nurse, though. How could she make that sort of mistake??? I'm glad you caught it and didn't end up having an unnecessary freakout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's scary how doctors and nurses speak before they think. I'm very glad that all the news is good though. I'm SO excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure she won't become a mean girl! (with a mother like you - how could she?) and that this is just a toddler phase. [and I think it is not something she would do when you are around because she knows you don't approve)

    oh wow, she is almost two! She sounds amazing :-).

    Very happy to hear all is well with the pregnancy !(minus the scare of the wrong Beta..)

    ReplyDelete